It’s so cold outside right now that I barely want to venture out of the confines of my home. It’s easy to fall into the habit of snacking all day long, especially during winter. Yesterday I made a healthy snack that is as popable as potato chips, minus the guilt. (1 Smart Point per muffin)
Mini Banana Oat Bran Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a mini muffin tin with spray.
- Mix together the first five ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small separate bowl, beat egg whites and then mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Using a rubber spatula, old the banana mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into a mini-muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let muffins cool before removing from pan.
These mini muffins would make a great addition to any breakfast or brunch too. These are the supplies I used:
My favorite mixing bowls. They’re lightweight and easy to clean. I’ve had them for year and they still look brand new.