Luckily, no one in this house has come down with a cold this winter season, thus far. I’m trying to take preventative measures by listening to that little voice in the back of my head, wash your hands after handling that.
Tips like these from Dr. Tanya Remer Altmann serve as a helpful reminder during cold season.
- Practice Healthy Habits (get plenty of sleep, exercise and eat your veggies!)
- Wash hands early and often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Soothe cold symptoms by drinking fluids and running vaporizers/humidifiers at night.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and put your used tissue in the trash.
- Soften-And Strengthen-Your Blows by selecting a gentle but strong tissue like Puffs Plus with Lotion to help prevent chapping from frequent nose blowing.
I received a Flu & Cold Kit from Puffs and Dr. Tanya Remer Altmann. Included was a sample of Febreeze which I quickly handed off to my husband for his smelly gym bag, a bottle of hand sanitizer, and of course the silky-soft Puffs tissues. I especially love the Puffs-to-go packages. They fit anywhere, from a backpack to a purse or diaper bag, I even have a few stashed in my glove compartment.
Thanks to year-round allergies, I use tissues every day. A soft tissue makes all the difference, and Puffs are soft. These tissues have built-in-lotion, and some like the Puffs with Vicks have a soothing menthol scent to help you clear your sinuses.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me your best cold prevention tip!
EXTRA ENTRIES: (Leave a separate comment for every entry)
Follow this blog publicly via Google Friend Connect (+1)
- Become a feed subscriber (+1)
Become an email subscriber. (+1)
Like Girl Gone Mom on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall that you entered. (+1)
Like Puffs on Facebook, leave your name. (+1)
Follow Girl Gone Mom on twitter and tweet once per day (+1):
Tips for Cold & Flu prevention plus WIN a Puffs-to-go prize pack (two winners) http://bit.ly/eBQsfa @GirlGoneMom Giveaway
Add my button to your blog roll on your main page. Leave link (+2)
Add the New Year, New You event button to your main page. Leave link (+2)
*For extra entries such as being a twitter follower, email subscriber, facebook fan etc., you must leave a way for me to confirm your entry i.e. your name, twitter handle, etc. Otherwise, your entries will not count. Contest is open to US residents and closes at Midnight EST on February 3,, 2011. One main entry per household. No compensation was received for this post. I received the products free of charge from the sponsor in order to facilitate my honest review.