I’m getting a head start on one of my New Years resolutions – cook more! One of my new favorite foodie bloggers, Damn Delicious, has some amazing recipes and I want to share my version of one of them with you all.
The eggs and panko bread crumbs are an excellent binder. I love panko recipes. The meatballs need to be baked for a short time before slow-cooking.
After that, the crockpot does the rest of the work for you. Two hours later, you have these beauties.
Just drizzle with blue cheese dressing, if desired. I used my new favorite dressing by Bolthouse Farms, Chunky Blue Cheese Greek Yogurt Dressing (only 35 calories per serving)! The meatballs are amazing on their own or on a roll.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¾ cup Panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven (400 degrees). Get a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat ready (or a cookie rack like I used in photo below).
- In a bowl, combine the Panko, egg, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper - then add the chicken (I like to add the dry ingredients first before getting messy with the meat).
- Mix the ingredients well. Form into meatballs (whatever size you desire). The number of meatballs depends on size, but around 15-24 is average.
- Place meatballs onto baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes, or until all sides are browned.
- Place meatballs into the slow cooker. Add buffalo sauce and gently toss. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.