Don’t you love the smell of fresh apples baking in the fall? Apple crisp is one of the most delicious and easy desserts you can make, and it doesn’t have to be unhealthy either. Nor does it have to be for dessert. I ate this one you see here for breakfast and it was absolutely perfect!
We took a trip to BJs yesterday to pick up one thing and we ended up buying a bit of everything. But that’s a story for another post. We were there to pick up some delicious Bear Naked Granola. This is by far my favorite granola to top off my morning yogurt with, so I was excited to taste a flavor I’d never tried before: Bear Naked Sea Salt Caramel Apple Granola.
When I heard of this flavor of granola, I thought it would be great all on its own or with my favorite yogurt, but I really thought it would lend well to my easy apple crisp recipe, and I was right! I like to make mini apple crisps in individual ramekins.
To make them, just peel and chop your favorite kind of apple. Any variety will do. We used gala apples this time but I also love a tart granny smith.
Then just add the toppings and bake away. Nothing smells better than fresh apples baking in the oven.
- 1 apple, peeled chopped (any type)
- ⅛ t ground cinnamon
- ¼ t coconut palm sugar (or your favorite sugar)
- ¼ c Bear Naked Sea Salt Caramel Granola
- optional: 1 thin pat butter, cut into fours
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel and chop apple and place into ramekin.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Top with granola and dot with butter.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
This makes a delicious breakfast, snack or dessert.