- 1 28oz can whole San Marzano tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- to taste sea salt
- pinch crushed red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and garlic.
- Cook stirring, about 3-4 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes. sherry vinegar, honey (or syrup), oregano, thyme, salt, and chili flakes.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Use a hand help immersion blender to puree sauce.
- Add parsley and basil and season with salt before serving.
Recipe published with permission from the chefs at The Essex Resort and Spa.
Leave a Reply