Finding healthy snacks to pack with lunch has become a daily struggle for me since the first day of kindergarten. Ryan and I took a trip to a new grocery store which I didn’t even know existed until just recently.
Ryan insisted on pushing the cart throughout the store. That was fun.
There were not only generic brands available but also name brands, and we picked up a combination of the two. I had no idea what kind of food products I’d find in the store but I wrote down a few ideas for snack recipes and I found everything I needed for my Salty & Sweet Snack Mix and more.
We are constantly on the run during he school year. I wanted to make a healthy snack that would travel well for Emma’s lunch and snack and something that I could easily store in my diaper bag for those emergency snack situations.
- 2 cups Life cereal or Rice Chex
- 2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup silvered almonds
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spread mix evenly onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.