I received compensation from Alka-Seltzer® to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #MyFoodMoment #CollectiveBias
When it comes to food, the spicier the better. Hoagies are better with hot peppers, I can’t enjoy nachos without the heat of jalapeños, and spicy wings — they’re my favorite! I’ve struggled with occasional heartburn on and off for years, but with forty right around the corner I can now almost precisely predict when a bout of occasional heartburn may rear its ugly head. Fortunately for me, I don’t have to give up my favorite spicy foods because I always make sure to keep Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies on hand for relief of occasional heartburn with sleeplessness.
During the times when I do suffer from occasional heartburn it’s usually at its worst right before bedtime, and you know what that means; I can prepare for an entire night of sleeplessness and suffering. I was delighted to find the new Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies at Walmart the other day. The gummies relieve heartburn fast, and with melatonin, they help you get to sleep more quickly. This product is a dream come true for people like me who suffer on occasion. Knowing that I have something effective to treat occasional heartburn and sleeplessness in my medicine cabinet, I can prepare and enjoy the spicy foods my family enjoys (like wing sauce) without worry.
I recently found a great deal on a pressure cooker and I’ve been experimenting frequently with it. With the recipes that I’ve made so far I’ve found that meats come so tender when pressure cooked, not overdone and chewy as they sometimes can get with the traditional slow cooker. The food is cooked to perfection in a fraction of the time it would normally take using more traditional methods. These Pressure Cooked Pot Buffalo Wings are no exception – the meat is deliciously tender and juicy and finishing it off in the oven crisps them up nicely – no deep frying required!
Pressure cooking is easy; these wings take just 5 minutes to cook but the cooker takes a little extra time to build and release pressure so take that into consideration when planning. Just place the chicken onto the trivet, add your cooking liquid and let it do its job.
The most labor intensive part of this recipe is brushing on the sauce – I think we can all handle that. I’m all about easy, delicious recipes and this one fits the bill!
- 2 pounds fresh wingettes/drumettes
- ¼ cup water mixed with ¼ c hot wing sauce
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup hot wing sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place chicken on trivet inside pressure cooker
- Add the water and hot wing mixture to the bottom of pot
- Close valve and set to pressure cook for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, microwave butter until melted
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Wait for pressure cooker to release
- Turn oven on to broil
- Remove chicken from pot using tongs and place on a lined baking sheet over a rack
- Brush hot sauce mixture onto one side of the chicken and place in oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven, flip chicken over and brush the other side and place in oven for another 5 minutes
- Toss the chicken again with remaining sauce before serving.
Before you head to Walmart, print these coupons for $1.00 off any Alka-Seltzer® product and $2.00 off any Alka-Seltzer® Gummies product!