This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign.
We’re trying to squeeze every last but of fun into our last few days of summer. It’s been so busy that we haven’t had the chance to sneak in many movie nights. Popcorn and television/movie watching go hand in hand in this house, so we popped a bag of Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn before snuggling together on the sofa.
So glad I picked up the “Family Size” microwave popcorn last week because a regular sized box won’t last long with our popcorn-loving family. The new larger box provides even more delicious, high-quality snacks that you can feel good about sharing with your family. Not to mention that great buttery taste.
With vacations happening next week, we had Emma’s friend over for one last playdate before school begins and we made this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Bark to enjoy while watching movies. Oh my yum! Chocolate and peanut butter may just be the best flavor combination in the world and by adding buttery popcorn this treat is perfect.
Bark is a fun treat to make so it can double as an activity to do with your kids. My kids have 5 aunts and uncles so they’ve collected a ton of chocolate bunnies and crosses at Easter. I hate to waste so I had stashed them away for a project just like this. It’s always better to use what you have so I chopped up those poor bunnies and got to melting.
You’ll need a chocolate melter, double boiler or microwave to melt your chocolate. We double boiled on the stovetop because our chocolate melter was just a tad too small for this job. Tip: A bit of coconut oil will help smooth and thin the melted chocolate.
Make fun swirl patterns in the chocolate and peanut butter by using a toothpick or the sharp end of a skewer. Then just top with popcorn and a chocolate drizzle. Voilà, all done! The bark presents so beautifully and is perfect for a movie night.
- 20 oz milk or dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 bag Pop Secret microwave popcorn, popped
- In a double boiler, melt about 16 oz. of chocolate.
- Stir well, adding coconut oil to thin the chocolate.
- Microwave peanut butter for 45 seconds.
- Spread chocolate in a thin layer on a wax paper or foil lined jelly roll pan.
- Add small spoonfuls of melted peanut butter and use a toothpick to gently swirl with the chocolate.
- Top with the desired amount of popcorn (and eat the rest).
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the popcorn.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into pieces. Serve or store in the freezer for later.