This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign.
There are certain foods that make great leftovers and pasta is not one of them. I don’t know what it is but reheated pasta when done the traditional way (i.e. in the microwave) just does not taste the same. My thoughts on reusing pasta changed the day I tried Pizza di Spaghetti. Two of my favorite things, pizza and pasta all in one bite! This dish actually makes pasta better the second time around.
This recipe is so simple that it will blow your mind. First, pick up the main ingredients at Stop & Shop. Obviously, you’ll need spaghetti. The only brand I buy is Barilla. Add to the list olive oil, eggs, milk, mozzarella cheese and sausage.
First, remove the casings and sauté the sausage, breaking it up well before adding it to the spaghetti.
Meanwhile shred the mozzarella. The new Galbani Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese for shredding is perfectly shaped to make an easier job of hand shredding the cheese. It’s narrower so it fits more easily in your hand and the shape also allows for more shredded cheese and less waste. The more cheese, the better is what I always say.
If you don’t have leftover pasta, you can just as easily add one easy step to the recipe and make it first. I made spaghetti for our family dinner and just after adding the sauce I reserved a portion for this recipe.
After some trial and error, I have a few tips for a perfect Pizza di Spaghetti. First, make sure your mixture is very wet and eggy once you add the spaghetti. The eggs are what hold everything together and without enough eggs your crust will burn and the pasta will become a huge mess instead of holding its shape. Second, I recommend using a smaller saucepan and making two small “pizzas” instead of one large one.
- 2 cups leftover spaghetti (coated with tomato sauce)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup cooked sausage
- ¼ cup mik
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whip eggs in a medium size bowl.
- Stir together with mozzarella and milk.
- Add pasta while mixing in sausage with your hands.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat olive oil and then pour in pasta mixture.
- Cook over medium heat about 6-8 minutes or until the bottom and edges become toasted.
- Loosen edges and bottom with a large spatula and carefully flip over the pasta and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Slice like a pizza and enjoy!