This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of RAGÚ®
Some call it gravy, some call it sauce. We all say it’s delicious. Since I was a kid it’s been my favorite food – so much so that I’ve been known to eat it from a bowl with a spoon and a side of bread. Especially when it was fresh from simmering on the hot stove.
As an adult I like to make my own just the way my mother taught me but I don’t always have the time in my busy day to do so. Many jarred sauces leave a lot to be desired with the addition of so many unnecessary extra ingredients such as sugar. So when I do buy jarred sauce I look for varieties with fewer grams of added sugar. For me it’s preference. I just don’t like my sauce sweet.
Lately I’ve been crazy about cauliflower. Roasted, in soup, riced. I can’t get enough of it! I’ve tried store bought pizzas and I love them but I run out of freezer space fast so I wanted to try my own cauliflower crust. You know I don’t do complicated, so when I tell you it’s easy I’m being 100% truthful.
Cauliflower crust can be tricky, so I prefer to make smaller personal pizzas so the outcome is a nice crisp crust. I buy the frozen riced cauliflower from Costco that are individually packaged into 12-ounce bags. Simply defrost, mix in eggs and cheese and shape into a crust. I told you it was easy. After baking is complete, add your toppings and bake until the cheese has melted.
This recipe is something I can feel good about feeding my family. The sauce has all it needs and the taste truly shines through.
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower, thawed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
- fresh basil, chopped
- Microwave cauliflower for 8 minutes.
- Once cool, place cauliflower in a linen towel and squeeze out any moisture.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and cheese.
- Line pizza pan with sprayed foil or parchment paper and shape cauliflower into a crust.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- When done, add sauce, cheese and toppings and bake for an additional 5 minutes.