One of my favorite romantic films is The Notebook. Nicolas Sparks knows romance, doesn’t he? It’s a popular film for a reason; there is an interesting storyline with some twists and turns and it’s just such a sweet movie. If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan, you will be happy to know that his new film is coming soon to theaters.
The new Nicholas Sparks movie, The Choice comes out on February 5th. Just in time for Valentine’s day! The central theme of The Choice is about how making difficult choices in life help us find our destiny and perfect match. Like many other Nicholas Sparks stories, this one is set in coastal Carolina, and North Carolina plays a big part in the story.
I wanted to make a delicious southern recipe in honor of the new film, and what’s more southern than peach cobbler? I’m partial to individual desserts, and ramekins are my favorite dessert bakeware. I just think that individual serving size desserts look so fancy and romantic. These would be perfect for Valentine’s Day, served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Peach Cobbler is such a delicious dessert and what’s even better is it’s so easy to make. This would be a fun dessert to make together before enjoying it by candlelight after enjoying a romantic meal.
First you have to get your peaches together. You can use fresh or canned. I went the canned route. Coat them in sugar, corn starch and lemon juice by tossing together in a bowl. Divide the peaches between two small ramekins.
In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the cold butter, mixing well with a pastry cutter if you have one. If you don’t, your hands will do. Continue until the butter is broken up into tiny pieces. Add in the milk and you’ll be left with a sticky dough.
Just divide the dough in between the two ramekins and place the topping over the sliced coated peaches. It looks so good already!
You can’t have pie without a nice scoop of cold ice cream. The pies are best served warm so let ice cream gets all gooey and melty.
- 15 oz. canned sliced peaches, drained (or 1½ cup fresh sliced peaches)
- ⅛ c sugar
- ½ T corn starch
- ½ T lemon juice
- ½ c flour
- 1½ T sugar
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ⅛ t salt
- 1½ T cold butter, cut into tiny pieces
- ⅓ c buttermilk
- ½ T granulated sugar
- Mix together all of the filling ingredients.
- Toss gently so that the peaches are evenly coated.
- Divide the peaches evenly into two ramkins
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and mix well with a fork.
- Add the tiny pieces of butter and cut it into the flour with a pastry cutter.
- Pour in the milk and knead with your hands until it forms a sticky dough.
- Sprinkle each prepared ramekin with ¼ T of granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes until crispy and golden.