We had the pleasure of previewing The Nut Job for its theater release back in January. The kids loved the movie, and Emma had been asking to see it again in recent weeks so she was super excited when the delivery came on Friday!
It’s now available on Digital HD but come April 15th, you’ll be able to pick up your very own copy of The Nut Job on Blu-ray & DVD! (Preorder now and get in just in time for Easter). In the meantime, check out the fun activity sheets for the kids! And here are some amazing squirrel facts, just for fun:
- There are 365 species of squirrel found all over the world, except in Antarctica, where there are none.
- Squirrels belong to the animal group Rodentia – the same as mice and rats.
- Squirrels’ sweat glands are located on their feet.
- Squirrels can run as fast as 20mph.
- Flying squirrels don’t actually fly – they glide.
- Squirrels only mate twice a year.
- Gray squirrels are often referred to as “living fossils” because they haven’t changed much in their 37million years of existence.
- Squirrels are born blind.
- Chipmunks are actually small squirrels with stripes.
- The squirrel is the Native American symbol for preparation, trust, and thriftiness.
Here is a fun nutty recipe for you too:
GIVEAWAY One lucky reader will win a Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD copy of The Nut Job!
Melanie Comello says
I would love to watch it with my little girl :D
I want to watch it with my nieces and nephews.
Lisa L says
I’d love to watch this with my kids.