This post is sponsored by Comcast.
See the IG post for more photos of this beautiful home!
Last week I toured this year’s Philadelphia Magazine Design Home. To say that I had home design envy would be a gross understatement. For a time I worked in marketing for a home builder and had worked on putting together many model homes. This one topped them all, complete with furnishings and decor, this home was also completely “smart” thanks to Comcast.
Xfinity Home is Comcast’s total home security and automation solution featuring 24/7 professional security monitoring that can be armed and disarmed remotely. Customers own their system. Live video monitoring allows customers to see what is going on when they’re away from home plus have video clips sent by text or email with recordings stored up to 10 days.
We loved the ability to change the thermostat and control the lights both inside and out from anywhere. Parents of teens will love receiving real-time notifications when a door is opened and can completely customize the system to fit their needs.
We currently use X1 in our home. The Xfinity Voice Remote is a fun and easy way to search for networks, shows and movies, set DVR recordings, change the channel, get recommendations, navigate Xfinity On Demand and more. We learned that users also have the ability to ask the remote questions – no need for any of those other voice devices in your home!
As a parent Kids Zone is one of my favorite features – it is a safe and secure place for kids to independently explore their favorite content and discover new programming. I love that it’s not easy for kids to get out of this “safe zone” without some help from their parents. My husband loves that he can search for sports stats and rosters. We’re always discover more things that X1 can do!
Coming Soon: XFinity Mobile
At the conclusion of the tour, I group learned about a few exciting things coming down the pike from Comcast. Xfinity Mobile is the nation’s first wireless service combining America’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network with Comcast’s 16 million WiFi hotspots to provide customers with a better wireless experience, for less money, on today’s most popular devices. This service is designed to save customers money with options to pay by the gigabytes used ($12/gig) with an unlimited option as well ($65). Triple play customers will save even more!
Yesterday Comcast launched Xfinity xFi, a new and personalized Wi-Fi experience that provides a simple digital dashboard for customers to set up their home Wi-Fi network, find their password, see what devices are connected, troubleshoot issues, set parental controls and even pause Wi-Fi access on their home network during dinner or bedtime. xFi gives customers unprecedented visibility and control over one of the most important technologies in their home. Features include:
- Instant Setup: Simple, easy setup of Xfinity Internet service and home Wi-Fi
- Manage On Any Device: Take control with easy-to-use apps, the web, and X1 voice remote
- Find My Password: View and modify Wi-Fi names and passwords
- Name & Organize: See all connected devices and give nicknames for easy reference
- Easy-To-Use Tools: Set parental controls and bedtime schedules for any family member on the home Wi-Fi network
- Who’s Using What: Create personal profiles and assign devices to individual family members
- Text Alerts: Receive alerts when new devices join your home network
- Pause With A Tap: Instantly pause Wi-Fi access on your home network, by device or user
- Voice Control: Say “show me devices” into the X1 voice remote and see results on the biggest screen in the home
- Monitor Activity: See who’s most active on your home network and when
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi: Identify devices that are not working properly and receive tips to fix them
- Cloud Management:See and control your home Wi-Fi network from anywhere
- Safe & Secure:First line of defense against phishing and malware
There’s always something new to love at Comcast. The company is really adding value at no additional cost to its customers.