I loved using Apple computers in my college graphic design classes. The platform was much more streamlined than the PCs I was used to using. It was easy to find and toggle between programs, and the computers never crashed. Since then, I have always longed to own a MAC at home.
What would I do without my Microsoft programs? Sure, I could get used to using different programs for my work needs, but how would I have access to all of my existing files? I had no idea that there was Microsoft Office for Mac.
So last Friday, I went for it. I’m still getting used to way things work, keyboard shortcuts and all. It’s a learning process, but so far I love it. I wouldn’t have been able to make the switch if it wasn’t for Microsoft Office. Access to my word and excel files was essential, and it is also great to have powerpoint and outlook too.
I’m looking forward to all of the features I can now take advantage of. I will be able to:
· Embed PowerPoint and Excel documents into your blog with just a few easy steps. Share top-10 lists or how-to guidance via an embedded PowerPoint 2010 or PowerPoint for Mac 2011 photo slide show for the blog.
· Maximize on-screen space in Word 2011 for Mac with Full Screen View, letting me focus on my reading and writing while blocking out all other windows and menus.
· Make last minute changes to a newsletter or PowerPoint slide with the Reorder Objects tool in Office 2011 for Mac. Rearrange pictures and graphics with a couple simple clicks, rather than taking apart the whole document.
· Even when I’m away from my laptop, by posting documents online, I can access and edit the content anywhere with an Internet connection using Office Web Apps (online companions to Microsoft Office). This will be great for accessing my excel list of my blog posting schedule!
· Upload Office documents to SkyDrive and access, edit, and share content from anywhere with an Internet connection using Office Web Apps
BUY IT! With Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Business 2011, you not only get Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook on your Mac, but also one full year of tech support – you know I’ll be using that. The suggested retail price for the program is $279.99.
WIN IT! One lucky person will win a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Business 2011!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me why you want to win.
EXTRA ENTRIES: Must leave a separate comment for each extra entry.
+2 each if you Join this site via Google Friend Connect, subscribe to my feed, or email.
+1 like Girl Gone Mom on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall that you entered.
+1 per day if you follow Girl Gone Mom on Twitter and tweet this:
#WIN Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Business 2011 – a $280 value! http://bit.ly/qAipVg at #GirlGoneMom
+2 add my blog button to your main page. Leave link.
+1 for every other current giveaway you enter at Girl Gone Mom (up to 5 extra entries).
+3 if you blog about this giveaway, linking back here to this giveaway post and to the sponsor.
Contest is open to worldwide residents and closes at Midnight EST on September 1st, 2011. One main entry per household/IP address. Thank you to the sponsor for supplying the products for review and giveaway. Need help entering? See How to Enter which includes giveaway rules.