I’m going to share my secret Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich recipe with you today that I always use on my favorite whole grain bread. This recipe was inspired by my favorite sandwich from Panera bread. It’s delicious and it’s usually served on sourdough bread, but it’s just as good on any type of bread.
As a person who usually has some type of meat or fish with every meal, I love this veggie meal. If you’re looking for something delicious to have for lunch, this is a yummy sandwich to try whether you’re a vegetarian or not.
Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 1½ tablespoons crumbled feta
- 5-6 thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2-3 slices tomato
- 1 thin slice red onion
- Lightly toast bread
- Spread hummus on the inside of both slices.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- On one slice, add your fresh veggies.
- Carefully top sandwich with the other slice.