Ever since becoming parents, my husband and I rarely have time to sit down for a wholesome home-cooked meal. Even when we attempt to make dinner, it usually ends up being the ravioli out of the freezer or macaroni and cheese variety. Which is great, but not every night. Through her cookbook, Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, Jane Doiron shows you how to have nutrious meals for dinner again, with delicious recipes and great techniques for preparing foods in advance.
We started with dessert first and made the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I was able to make the entire batch at once while Emmy was napping, but as Jane shares in her cook, you can freeze the cookie dough to use later. What a great idea, especially during the holiday season with friends stopping in and you need something yummy to serve!
The cookies came out beautiful, and are so delicious. I wish I could upload one to you Willy-Wonka style! Oatmeal raisin are hubby’s favorite, so he’ll be a happy camper tonight! I can’t wait to try the other recipes in this book, so that we can start enjoying real meals around here.
BUY IT! Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms is available for purchase at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. What a great gift idea!
WIN IT! One lucky reader will receive a copy of Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms!
1) Follow Jane’s blog publicly and comment on her most recent post with this message:
“I just entered to win your cookbook at http://thepennypinchingmama.blogspot.com“
2) Come back here and comment with the link to the post that you just commented on.
After you complete the mandatory entry above, you may take any or all of the following extra entries:
- Follow this blog publicly or tell me if you already do (+2 entries)
- Subscribe to this blog by email and verify. Leave email address in comment (+2 entries)
- Follow @janedoiron on twitter (+1 entry)
- Follow @PennyPinchingMa on twitter and tweet (+1 entry each day):
- Sign up for the Make Ahead Meals newsletter, leave your email address (+1 entry)
- Add The Penny-Pinching Mama button to your blog, leave blog link (+3 entries)
- Post about this giveaway on your facebook page, comment with link to page (+1 entry)
- Enter any or all of my other giveaways (+1 entry each)
- Blog about this giveaway using at least 50 words and include a link back to this post. The post must be about this giveaway alone and you must have at least 25 followers (+10 entries)
No compensation was received for this giveaway post. Jane provided me with a copy of her book and I offered my honest opinion. Contest is open to US and Canada and closes at Midnight EST on January 7th. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. Please leave your email address either in your comment or make sure it is listed on your profile page so that I have a way to contact you. See the giveaway rules located here before entering. GOOD LUCK!