Nobody knows better than me that it’s important to pay attention to the health of your eyes. My vision is very poor, and I have had various infections caused by contact lens wearing. If my eyes aren’t right, I’m off my game.
My husband on the other hand, has perfect vision. I hope and pray that it’s the one trait that my mini-me Emma inherits from her father.
– According to the Vision Council of America, one in four children has a vision problem that can interfere with learning and behavior.
– 80 percent of what we learn is through our eyes, yet 85 percent of America’s pre-schoolers haven’t received a vision exam by age five.
– A pre-kindergarten exam is a must. Don’t assume school offered screenings are enough.
– Studies show that 60 percent of students identified as problem learners have undetected vision troubles.
– 25 percent of all school children in the U.S. have a vision problem significant enough to affect learning.
– 70 percent of juvenile delinquents have uncorrected vision problems.
By entering the “Make a Spectacle of Yourself” contest you can win $400.00 to spend on eyeglasses, sunglasses, or if you don’t need either – anything else your heart desires. The contest is sponsored by the Think About Your Eyesorganization. The contest (part of the campaign’s ongoing efforts to promote eye health awareness) encourages entrants to protect their eyes with proper eyewear that blocks 100 percent of UV rays and show off their eyewear by submitting a photo. You have until July 10th to enter!
One lucky reader will win a $25 Visa Gift Card for entering the big contest!
“Girl Gone Mom sent me to enter the ‘Make a Spectacle of Yourself’ contest for a chance to win $400”
+2 each follow this blog publicly via Google Friend Connect, are a feed subscriber, or an email subscriber.
+1 ‘Like’ GGM on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall that you entered.
+1 per day if you follow Girl Gone Mom on twitter and tweet this:
+1 each add my blog url to your text blog roll –or- my blog button(s) to your main page. Leave link.
+1 each for every other current giveaway you enter at Girl Gone Mom.
+3 blog about this giveaway, linking back here to this giveaway post and to the sponsor.
Contest is open to US and Canadian residents. Closes at Midnight EST on July 10th 2011. One main entry per household. Thank you to the sponsor for supplying the products for review and giveaway.