Contest Closed – Winner #89 victoria99!
It’s almost time to pack away the swimsuits and send the kids packing. With their lunch, that is. In a few short weeks they’ll be back to school. The only drawback is the germs all of the children will be exchanging in the classroom, in the lunchroom, and at gym class before they bring it home to you.
1. Begin the Day with a Brainy Breakfast: Children who start the day with a “brainy breakfast” that includes protein, fiber-filled carbs, Omega-3 fats and minerals like calcium and iron, do better in school and have fewer sick days.
2. Keep Hands Clean: The first and easiest line of defense against the spread of germs is washing hands often, but when soap and water are not available, antibacterial wipes like Wet Ones® hand wipes are an effective alternative. Wet Ones® antibacterial wipes are proven to be just as effective as gel hand sanitizer in killing 99.99 percent of germs but they also clean away dirt and messes and won’t dry out skin like alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Keep them around the house, in lunchboxes and in pockets.
3. Feed Your Child Immune-Boosting Foods: The best way to boost the immune system is to increase the intake of fruits, vegetables, seafood and yogurt.
4. Keep Little Noses and Sinuses Clear: Germs often settle first in the nose and sinuses, so it’s important to keep kids’ nasal passages clear by either flushing them out with a saltwater solution or loosening secretions with a facial steamer or vaporizer.
5. Keep Your Children Active: Movement mobilizes the immune system. Kids who sit too much – especially indoors – get sick more often. Movement also mellows the mood, as stress depresses the immune system.
Want more? Go here for a list of 99 back-to-school tips for parents. Wet Ones® Antibacterial Hand Wipes help consumers keep their hands clean and 99.99 percent free of germs. School is years away for my daughter, but I like to keep a Wet Ones container in the car, and one for the stroller so that we can keep clean after eating out or after we’ve visited a public place like a museum or a store. Germs are everywhere throughout the year and I can’t bear to see my daughter sick, so I work hard at preventing the germs from wreaking havoc on her body and ours!
One lucky reader will win a gift set of Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes!
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment below telling me your favorite tip by Dr. Sears. (visit the website and tell me one not featured above.)
EXTRA ENTRIES: Must leave a comment for each entry. If two entries are taken, leave two comments.
+1 Entry ‘Like’ Girl Gone Mom on Facebook. Leave your Facebook name.
+1 Entry Follow Girl Gone Mom on twitter. Leave your twitter handle.
+1 Entry ‘Like’ Wet Ones on Facebook. Leave your Facebook name.
+1 Entry per day for tweeting this message, and leave the link to your tweet.
Win a gift pack of Wet Ones Antibacterial Wipes just in time for back-to-school! http://bit.ly/asefhn @girlgonemom #giveaway
+1 Entry if you are a public follower of this blog.
+2 Entries if you are an email subscriber (must activate). Leave email address in comment.
+2 Entries if you subscribe to this blog in a reader.
+2 Entries Add my button to your blog/site. Leave the link in your comments.
+1 Entry for every other current giveaway you enter.
+1 Entry if you leave a meaningful comment on a non-giveaway post.
No compensation was received for this post. I received the product sample in order to facilitate my candid review. Contest is open to US residents 18 and older with a street address (no P.O. box or APO) and closes at Midnight EST on August 31st. The winner will be selected using Random.org. See giveaway rules before entering. GOOD LUCK!