We received a complimentary copy of The Chew Approved.
I’ll be upfront and tell you right off the bat that I always order eggs for breakfast. As tempting as pancakes and french toast may be, nine out of ten times I won’t give in. That is unless I find something extra special on the menu. When I spot Lemon Ricotta Pancakes on the pages, I’m physically unable to order anything else.
It’s not often that I get to watch daytime t.v., but the Chew is one of my favorite shows and I’ve been known to record it. Some of my favorite recipes that I’ve discovered haven’t come from the show hosts, but the guests that have come on the show. So when I heard about this new cookbook called The Chew Approved which features favorite recipes from viewers, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. Then I saw it: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Ding ding! We found a winner.
When you hear about ricotta pancakes, a heavy meal is what comes to mind. These pancakes however, are surprisingly light. I replaced the whole milk ricotta and milk with low fat, and that may have had a hand in it.
The pancakes by themselves are delicious, but the lemon curd takes them over the top making them sweet and decadent (no syrup required). I found the lemon curd at Trader Joe’s and when blueberries are not in season, I simply defrost a handful from the freezer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon butter for griddle
- 1 6 oz jar lemon curd
- 2 cups berries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and sugar in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest together. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry until just combined.
- Brush melted butter onto griddle over medium heat. Add a 3 oz. ladle of batter at a time and brown each pancake for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Warm a portion of lemon curd in the microwave and drizzle onto a short stack or pancakes. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and berries.
Find this recipe and many other delicious winners in The Chew Approved. It’s a #1 best seller, so I think many others agree. We can’t wait to discover more treasures among the pages!