Winners– Katie S., Jenny L., Jessica,, Nicole H., Janet W.
Just when I didn’t think I could love Huggies any more than I already do, they teamed up with professional athlete and expecting mom, Laila Ali, to help on-the-go parents keep up with the daily chaos of parenthood. Plus, they’re giving away over $5 million in prizes to their customers. Every package of Little Movers has a special code where you can earn points or prizes.
Laila’s ten pieces of advice:
1. Get moving! Finding time to hit the gym isn’t always easy with a baby at home, so find ways to incorporate aerobic activity into your day. Walk to the library or supermarket whenever possible, and be sure to get your toddler out of her stroller so she can walk some of the way, too. If walking to your destination isn’t an option, park the car far from entrances or take the stairs instead of the elevator!
2. Surround yourself with support: From sharing parenting advice to all those special “firsts” in your baby’s life, connecting with other parents is a great way to surround yourself with needed support. Huggies® Brand is helping Moms all over the country come together by teaming up with Meetup, the world’s largest online network of local groups, to host 60 “Keep-Up Meetups” from January – March. “Keep-Up Kits” will be given away to help Meetup Mom’s keep up with their Little Mover!
3. Laugh! From spit-up to the spilled milk, don’t be afraid to laugh off the silly situations. Laughter really is the best medicine – relieving stress, and burning extra calories! Remember, parenting is never perfect so next time you find yourself in the middle of that messy diaper change don’t let yourself stress – instead let out a loud laugh!
4. Accept a Helping Hand! For a first time mother, it’s hard to realize you really can’t do it all. Keeping up with your Little Mover all day can be exhausting! When feeling overwhelmed and ready to pull out your hair, it is ok to admit to yourself that you really could use that extra helping hand. Accept your family’s or friend’s offer to come over and keep your Little One entertained for a couple of hours. Don’t second guess this decision, be grateful and accept the favor because you deserve it (and others relish the time with your little bundle of joy)!
5. Don’t Forget to Sleep! Between the late night feedings and round the clock diaper duty, it may seem impossible to get more than a couple hours of shut-eye. To keep from feeling like you are going to fall asleep while at the stroller wheel, try to fit in a nap during the day while your baby snoozes and for the working mom, ensure you head to bed as soon as possible once the little ones are tucked snuggly in their beds. Teaming up with your partner and switching off middle-of-the-night feedings and diaper changes can also save you from exhaustion!
6. Take up a hobby: Setting aside time to work on something you enjoy can help clear your mind and leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Don’t be afraid to try out different hobbies until you find the one that fits your schedule and interests. If your hobby is one that can include your Little One, do it this can make for some very special bonding time!
7. Stay Organized: Organization is key to keeping stress to a minimum! From making sure the diaper bag is prepared prior to that long car ride or day at the playground, staying organized and scheduling your day can help you stay calm, cool and collected.
8. Reward yourself: Parents deserve rewards for all that they do on days other than Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. What’s even better is getting kickbacks on items they already purchase – like diapers! This season, enjoy a winning code in every pack of Huggies® Little Movers diapers to cash in for prizes like Starbucks gift cards and iPods! Submit each on-pack code online at Huggies.com to win.
9. Take a break! Be committed to taking regular breaks away from your children. It’s easy to brush off the importance of “me time” but it’s a must to keep you at your best – whether it’s taking a walk, reading a book or going for a drive, “me time” cannot be underestimated!
10. Remember to Treasure those “Aww-Inspired” Moments: Last but certainly NOT least, remember to sit back and enjoy the ride of a lifetime – parenthood! From sharing photos of your Little One rocking Huggies® Little Movers diapers on the Huggies Facebook page, to connecting with other parents on the Huggies Twitter page, remember to treasure each parenting moment!
Five (5) readers will win a free coupon for Huggies Little Movers!
(Ends March 18th)
Mandatory Entry: Tell me how you keep up with your Little Mover.
EXTRA ENTRIES: Must leave a separate comment for each extra entry.
+1 if you like Huggies on Facebook, leave your name.
+1 if you follow @Huggies on Twitter leave your id.
+1 if you Like Girl Gone Mom on Facebook and leave a comment on my wall that you entered.
+1 per day if you follow @GirlGoneMom on Twitter and tweet this:
Huggies Little Movers #Giveaway – 5 Winners! #GirlGoneMom http://bit.ly/hlH28D
+2 each if you follow this blog publicly via Google Friend Connect, are a feed subscriber, or an email subscriber.
+1 each if you add my blog url to your text blog roll –or- my blog button to your main page. Leave link.
+1 each entry for every other current giveaway you enter at Girl Gone Mom.
+1 if you subscribe to Girl Gone Mom on YouTube.
+3 if you blog about this giveaway, linking back here to this giveaway post and to the sponsor.
*For extra entries such as being a twitter follower, email subscriber, facebook fan etc., you must leave a way for me to confirm your entry i.e. your name, twitter handle, etc. Otherwise, your entries will not count. Contest is open to US residents and closes at Midnight EST on March 18th, 2011. One main entry per household. No compensation was received for this post. Thanks to Huggies for sending me Little Movers product couponc and offering the prizes to five lucky readers.
jamie e. says
Daily tweet• http://twitter.com/jmeelle/status/48905012834869249