Is it just me, or are there a ton of stroller choices on the market?! Full-size strollers, umbrella strollers, jogging strollers – the possibilities seem endless! With my first child we purchased a full-size stroller and a snap and go stroller for quick trips. I wasn’t really thinking about a jogging stroller (probably cause the last thing I wanted to do while pregnant was run!). When I finally did look into the jogging strollers, I quickly realized that they were the best of all worlds. They fit car seats so you can use from birth, they are really easy to maneuver with a smooth ride and were the perfect size/weight compared to many of the full-size strollers. If I could do it all again, I would go straight for a jogging stroller.
After checking out the selection in the stores and reading about them online, one of my new favorites is the Jeep Adventure Jogger.
First, I have always liked black strollers because it is timeless and works for all babies. The handlebar is soft and the canopy has a see-through slot (love!) and is made with thick fabric.
A great feature of the Jeep Adventure Jogger is the iBaby® sound system. You just attach your portable audio device, like an iPod or phone and go:
I have the iphone 5 and it fits pretty well.
Since the iphone5 is slightly bigger than prior iphone models, the cover of the ibaby doesn’t snap perfectly (but does close). I don’t see that as an issue as i’m sure i’d keep it open to access the phone. I’m not sure how some bigger phone might fare so if it might be an issue for you check it out in person. It’s a pretty nice size box though, and keys or credit cards could easily fit in securely. I also love the built in cup holders since I know some jogging strollers don’t include that.
I’m also a big fan of the size of the basket underneath. Trust me, it’s important to have space for extra supplies, bags, toys, etc. when you’re on the go and need those free hands. I like to shove my diaper bag underneath too. I don’t love hanging bags off the handlebars but I think that’s a personal choice.
All-in-all this is a great stroller with lots of bells and whistles, while still looking sleek and not taking up a ton of space.
- Compatible with many popular infant car seats (no adapter required) including: Baby Trend, Britax, Chicco, Cosco, Graco, Peg Perego and Safety 1st.
- iBaby® sound system connects to your iPod® or MP3 player
- 16 inch rear air-filled tires for jogging comfort and increased performance on uneven surfaces
- Forward-locking front wheel provides increased wheel base and stability while jogging; swivels for everyday use
- Shock-absorbing suspension system keeps the ride smooth
- Smart Handle® adjusts to multiple heights
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Large underseat storage basket can be accessed from the front or back of the stroller
- Convenient Free-Stand® design stands upright when folded
- Child cup holder for easy access to cup/bottle
- Adjustable 5-point harness & safety tether for safety
- 60 lbs. child weight capacity
- JPMA Certified
- One-year manufacturer warranty
You can purchase the Jeep Adventure Jogger Stroller at various stores and online – MSRP is $349.99 but a little online shopping and I found that Walmart is currently selling it for $299.99 and Amazon has it at an amazingly low price.
One lucky reader will win the Jeep Adventure Jogger Stroller!
A sample was received in order to facilitate this review.