For many Americans, a flat panel TV is a great way to enjoy family time and entertainment. However, most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. Due to increasing size and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture and causing injury or even death.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
I am participating in a campaign on behalf of SANUS.
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
My husband and I are planning on getting a wall mounted flat screen as our christmas present to each other this year.