Almost every diet I have ever been on has required that I drink 8 glasses of agua daily. This can be hard at first, when you’re not used to making so many trips to the john, but your body will adjust once you get used to the increased amount.
Some people hate the taste of water. That’s certainly not my problem because that’s usually all I drink. No, I am plagued with forgetfulness.
We all know that our bodies require water to survive; it composes a significant portion of the human body. But did you know that it can also help you lose weight? Below are some facts and tips I’ve gathered over the years on how drinking water can help with weight loss:
1. Keep in mind that when you feel hungry, you may just be thirsty. Your brain can confuse the two.
2. Down a glass or two before you eat a meal or a snack. It will help fill you up.
3. Drinking cold water is said to enhance your calorie burn. Your body will use energy to regulate your body temperature.
4. When you workout or burn calories, make sure you replenish the water loss. I don’t know how people work out without a water bottle. I can’t do it!
5. If you absolutely can’t stand the taste, change it. Try a sugar-free, low-calorie flavored water or enhancer. Even better, use a fresh lemon, lime or orange wedge.
6. You may not need eight full glasses. Our foods also contain a lot of water, so drink what you can but aim for at least six.
7. Track your water intake. Mark each glass throughout the day – there are also many apps you can use to track.
8. Leave reminders. Attach notes to the fridge, at your desk, or wherever you spend most of your time.
What about you – do you drink your 8 glasses? Do you have any tips to add?