In my life before children (lbc), road trips were no big deal. That was back when all I had to worry about was bringing along tunes for the ride, and whether I packed the right clothes.
Life with children is much different. The keys to keeping peace on the open road with kids in tow is to keep them busy and be prepared. A few things that have worked for us:
- Movies, movies, movies – we don’t have a player available in the car at all times, just on special road trips.
- iPad – or other device – for movies, games and more.
- New goodies – Pack a bag of new, never-before-seen toys.
- Food – Car and kid-friendly snacks to keep bellies full.
- Drawing supplies – They sell lap desks, but we love our Doodle Pro for this.
- Potty seat – You never know how long you may have to go until you reach the next rest stop.
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Kia Motors.
What’s your #1 tip for getting through road trips with the kiddos?
Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell says
I used to always have something new to do every so often. I’m actually darn good at car trips and coming up with activities, etc. My kids still play the games we played! lol