Isn’t it funny how our tastes change as we (and our tastebuds) mature? As a kid I loathed Brussels sprouts, and now it’s become my favorite veggie. Of course it’s all in the preparation, because I still don’t think I’d care much for boiled Brussels. Usually I toss them with some olive oil and sea salt, or I make this creamy version. The Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners is my friend Lisa Grant’s first published collection of recipes. Lisa and I go back to 2011 when she guest posted here with this hummus recipe. She is a kind person and a talented chef!
Her Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts sounded fantastic…and indeed they are.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and roast them for 20 minutes or until they are tender and starting to brown on the outside.
- While they are cooking, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Place the roasted Brussels sprouts back in the large bowl. Add the vinegar and honey mixture. Toss them until they are evenly coated before serving.
by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2018 by Lisa Grant.
Nothing turns me off more than a lengthy ingredient list or too many steps in a recipe. I love how doable all of Lisa’s recipes are; just 5 ingredients in each one. The book includes 120 recipes that use commonly found ingredients, as well as instructions on cooking skills ranging from food safety to cooking terminology to knife skills, and kitchen tips that outline essential appliances and staple pantry products to keep on hand.
The Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners by Lisa Grant is available on Amazon. Check it out!
Enter to win a copy of this Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners!