(Winner – Angie)
What did you do as a child to prepare for Santa’s visit? When I was a kid, my parents would have us write our letters to Santa and then we visited that jolly fellow at the mall to make the more important requests in person. I also remember a phone call or two from the North Pole. But one of the more memorable traditions was preparing a plate of cookies and milk – and of course carrots for his reindeer late on Christmas Eve.
It’s difficult with all of the excitement and anticipation to get children to go to bed and actually sleep on December 24th. Red Envelope has a really adorable gift, and a great activity for those antsy kids. It’s called the Night Before Christmas Activity Kit.
It came wrapped classically as all Red Envelope gifts do, in that Red box with an ivory grosgrain ribbon. On the outside, there’s a clue: Open by December 24th.
Inside are all of the goodies necessary to prepare a special snack for Santa to get him through the rest of the night – but this time, the reindeer are on their own! It includes:
- A ceramic plate inscribed, “Cookies for Santa” with his cheerful mug
- A ceramic mug for cocoa
- 6 Mrs. Field’s chocolate chip nibbler cookies
- 2 packets Mrs. Field’s cocoa mix (makes 2 mugs)
- Poem of the classic poem “The Night Before Christmas” by Clement Clarke Moore
- “Reindeer Games” activity book that includes games and challenges with a holiday theme such as “Snowflake Match Game”, “Santa’s Secret”, and “Festive Football”
Isn’t this the perfect gift for young families? This activity kit costs $29.95, it’s a great thing for the children to do as they await Saint Nick, to show their appreciation for all he does. The best part is, it will become a family keepsake for years to come. I can’t wait to use it on Christmas Eve as the magic of the holiday unfolds before our eyes.