This is my favorite time of year to take Christmas card photos. The leaves are changing colors and the weather has cooled down. I only have so much time before all of the beautiful leaves fall to the ground so even though it’s only October, I have to get a move on. There are only 8 more Fridays until Christmas. Yikes!
I like to get an idea of what cards are available before even taking my photos. It’s helpful to know what you’re going for because it determines the type of image you’ll want to capture.
We don’t send out Christmas letters so I like to choose a holiday card theme that fits our lives and tells our friends and families what is going on in our life.
1) New Baby | If you’re lucky enough to have timed it right, you can send out a combo birth announcement and holiday card. Who wouldn’t love this one?
2) Vacation | A special vacation is often the highlight of our year. Why not show friends what fun you had?
3) Just Moved | Give loved ones a sneak peak into your new home and life.
4) Love | Newlyweds can have fun expressing their love on a holiday card. Even a selfie would work.
5) Furry friend | How adorable is this little kitty in a cup? I love the idea of welcoming the new member of the family on the Christmas card.
This post was inspired by Paper Culture who offer eco-friendly modern Holiday Cards, stationery, wall decor and gifts.
What are your holiday card plans?