Why does it seem like all the cool new products come out right when you no longer have any use for them? For with little babies in their lives, HALO® is excited to announce the launch of its brand new baby bassinet product – the BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper. With its unique dual-swivel design, the Bassinest is the only bassinet that moves to bring baby to mom. It allows baby to sleep as close as Mom wants – even right next to her in bed – so baby can sleep close AND safe.
Unlike some co-sleeping products on the market that do not address the safety concerns of bed-sharing, the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper is the first bassinet product to provide both convenience and safety. Baby sleeps in his/her own separate sleep area, reducing the risks associated with bed-sharing. Mom can easily get in and out of bed, as well as tend to baby without having to get up.
Here is a link to a video that shows the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zSncyxC7IpU
In honor of Baby Safety Month, here are some tips for all caregivers to ensure safe sleep for your baby:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Room-share, but don’t bed share; the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend against bed sharing as it can lead to an increased risk for accidental suffocation.
- Use a crib or bassinet that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
Check out Halo® on Facebook and Twitter for product updates!
Enter to win a Halo® 100% Cotton SleepSack® (MSRP $26.95)
Samples provided for consideration.
Melanie Comello says
Since it will be winter time soon, one of my favorites would be the HALO SleepSack Winter Weight Wearable Blanket in Pink Snowflake. Absolutely adorable and my friends little girl would be absolutely perfect in it :D
Ellie Wright says
I would like Pin Dot Pink for my newborn granddaughter.
Sue Hull says
I like the Pin Dot Pink for my granddaughter. Thank you for the chance & the great giveaway :)
susan smoaks says
i would like to get the pin dot pink. it is so pretty and cute.
I would love to win Diamond Yellow Elephant for my nephew.