Tired of the usual ground meat recipes? A family can only eat so much meatloaf, turkey burgers, chili and meatballs week to week. Nothing against those meals – they are all yummy too! But I was looking for something new when I happened upon a recipe online. I tweaked a few things to make it ours (directions below), and it was a big hit. Finally, something new to do with that ground turkey or beef!
When making casseroles, I always use my trusty baking dish. I love the clear glass because it’s so easy to see how my dish is coming along, from top to bottom. This particular recipe is well suited for a 9×13 pan.
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or whatever meat you prefer)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 15 oz. salsa
- 15 oz. low sodium corn, drained
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 13 oz. corn tortilla chips
- Brown the meat and discard the fat.
- Mix together meat with salsa, corn, and black beans.
- Spray a 9x13 pan before spreading half of the tortilla chips.
- Add half of the meat mixture.
- Add half of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Post contains my affiliate link.