If a few months ago someone wanted to tell me about an app I need to try I’d think I was getting restaurant recommendations. Even when I did start hearing about iPhone applications, I wasn’t sure if they were limited to that phone.
In fact, until a few days ago, I hadn’t realized that there were so many helpful apps available on the Palm Pre Plus. I haven’t had a heck of a lot of time to play around, until today.
This morning I downloaded a few apps – most of them completely free. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Feeds Free – As someone who relies heavily on google reader to keep a pulse on the blogosphere around me, this is an essential app, and as the name says, it’s free!
- Where – This is where you get all of your local information, from news and weather to coupon offers, traffic and movie schedules. This just may be my favorite application
- Coin Flip – Now this is going to help me and my indecisiveness and it will cut a lot of arguments short. Can’t decide? Let’s flip the virtual coin! You can even see it flipping through the air. So freaking cool!
- Flixter – Look up box office movies and watch the trailers on your way to the movie theatre. Look up showtimes too. I love it!
- Simple Bible – Download your bible, and read it even when you can’t get a signal. Hopefully I’ll do this more often that just during bumpy flights. :)
- Small Wonders – This was the only one I paid for. I think it was $.99. It’s a flashcard style program where Emma can learn shapes, colors, animals and more. She loves it!
There are so many others, but you don’t have all day. I am an app-junkie, and I’m loving my Palm Pre Plus!
No compensation was received for this post. I did receive a Palm Pre Plus 3G smartphone and one month of service from Verizon, to facilitate my candid review. I hope you find it to be helpful.
wow! i threw the small wonders app together for my 9 month old son (who loves it as well!). glad emma enjoys it, and hopefully the sound volume will be improved soon. thanks for the mention, and follow me on twitter @shanerooni if you'd like to test apps for me before they are published (or you have a mommy pre/pixi network that'd like to join). thanks again!