When I enjoyed my very first gyro, I fell in love with tzatziki sauce. It’s not only delicious over shaved lamb, but I love it with chicken and fish, as a dip on a crudités platter, with pita bread or even as a salad topping. The options are limitless. I like to make recipes that are on the lighter side, so I came up with this fat free tzatziki sauce recipe.
By using greek yogurt, you save yourself a step. If you use regular plain yogurt, you will have to strain it first, but I’m all about saving time in the kitchen so I go the greek yogurt route. It is so tasty, and totally guilt free. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 2 cups plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers peeled and seeded
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- Chop a seeded cucumber into small 2-centimeter pieces.
- Place yogurt in a small bowl and add the cucumber.
- Add the juice of a small lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
TripleZmom (@triplezmom) says
That sounds wonderful! I love tzatziki sauce!
Amanda McMahon says
I believe that fat is good for us. I will use this with whole fat. After all you need fat to get vitamin D to worknow.
Carly from The Puzzled Palate says
Thank you for this recipe! I was actually looking for a good one for the Gyros I am planning for next week!