It’s hard to believe that Easter is just around the corner. Which means that we are already working on our Easter snacking. A few months ago I made this Salty & Sweet Snack Mix which we love, but lately we are craving something a bit sweeter. I decided to make Easter Bunny Chow using Chex™ cereal and a few other goodies.
There were several varieties in my store include rice and corn but I went with the Gluten Free Chocolate Chex™. I figured we’d be adding chocolate to the cereal anyway, so why not?
Easter Bunny Chow
The kids love to help with this recipe. It’s completely fuss-free and easy for anyone to make no matter what your age. My daughter enjoyed being my sous chef and taste tester and she has requested that this be her after-lunch snack tomorrow.
- 4½ cups Chex cereal
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup chocolate Easter candies
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, place chocolate, peanut butter and butter and microwave one minute.
- Mix chocolate mixture and then microwave another 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir in vanilla and add to cereal, mixing until evenly distributed.
- Place cereal into a large gallon-size plastic bag and add sugar.
- Shake well until the cereal is well-coated.
- Place cereal into an evenly layer on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper to cool.
- After a few minutes mix in candy and marshmallows and serve.
- Bunny mix should be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator
More fun Easter recipes:
Originally Published on Mar 22, 2015
DAPHNE A TURNER says
Easter is April 4 so we have a few weeks yet (not less than two)! I need every day I can get before the holiday, LOL. Recipe sounds like a good one.
It is early this year! It is super yummy – hope you enjoy!
Laura Dembowski says
Bunny chow … puppy chow … whatever you call it, it’s delicious!
My niece and nephew would go ape for this! I’ll have to make some for them the next time they come over! <3 P~
Amy (Savory Moments) says
Love the idea of making Easter Bunny chow! So cute and fun for kids!