I initally made this recipe in 2005 when my husband and I hosted our first Christmas gathering as a married couple. It was a large crowd, since we invited both of our families to celebrate the holiday, and I had no idea how I was going to feed everyone with only one oven.
Since this meal is made in a crockpot, it was the perfect fit for the second entree. I had my doubts on how this would turn out (lasagna in a crockpot?? huh?), but it was a huge hit. I made it for dinner last week and we still love it. And it’s soo super easy.
It’s as easy as mix, layer, and the slow cooker does the rest!
The mixture looks, and tastes much like spinach dip. So if you like that, you’ll love this!
When layering, you have to break some of the lasagna noodles to fit the crockpot.
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (low fat, low sodium)
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 lb. diced cooked chicken (frozen or room temp)
- 8 oz. low fat sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix the first 10 ingredients.
- Coat both sides of three lasagna noodles with cooking spray, then fit to bottom of crockpot.
- We recommend this crockpot.
- Layer ⅓ of the spinach mixture over noodles, followed by ⅓ of mozzarella, and another layer of lasagna noodles.
- Add a final layer of spinach mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Switch to low heat for another 5 hours.
shari lynne @ Faith Filled Food for Moms says
I love Spinach Lasagna! And this just looks too easy and YUMMMY! Definitely making!
NEPA MOM says
I always love a good crockpot recipe! Thanks Heather!
Making Our Life Matter says
This looks really good! My family loves spinach dip, so I think they would definitely try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Barbara Hoyer says
Wow! That looks super easy. I’m going to try this at our next family party.