Last month I crossed an item off of my bucket list. It’s been a long-time dream of mine to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in concert. The moment the tickets went on sale I snatched up a pair of tickets costing way more that I should have spent. And it was totally worth it – can’t wait to see him again!
We saw them at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia which is a great venue with lots of bars and restaurants available to add to the experience. Maybe I never noticed it before, but peopler were tailgating in the parking lot. Is that normal – do people really tailgate at concerts? Anyway, the entire experience was fun but my very favorite part was singing along with Tom at the top of my lungs and dancing to the music.
Cricket Wireless’ motto is give people something to smile about. The company sponsored the Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias tour, connecting with consumers and music fans. I’ve been a fan of Enrique Iglesias for years and a more recent fan of Pitbull. The more I find out about him, the more I love. Other than his music, he’s a great philanthropist and I have much respect for him.
Cricket is enhancing the fan experience by setting up some super cool activations, including:
- Cricket Stage – A 10X20 stage erected at select tour stops where fans can hop up on stage and give their best “headliner” pose. Participants can share their 360 images on their social channels via “share kiosks” around the stage. Photos will be entered into a sweepstakes where a winner and 3 guests will get a trip to the Miami Latin Grammy Street Party. (Participants of “The Stage” activation all receive Cricket ear buds).
- VIP Meet & Greet – A backstage VIP area will be set up backstage. Meet&Greet participants will get to meet Pitbull or Enrique and take photos on a Cricket step & repeat.
- Selfie Station – Mirrors in the ladies room encourage fans to snap selfies and post to their social channels. They can take pictures of all the fun they are having at the concert to share with friends.
- Ask Enrique Fans can win a trip to the Pitbull and Enrique tour stop in Atlanta, meet Enrique in person and ask him that burning question they have.
- Hologram Standee Billboards – Located at high-traffic spots within the activation venues, holograms of Enrique and Pitbull will create completely lifelike images of the musician for concert goes to check out!
Doesn’t this sounds like a ton of fun? Now guess who wants to go to a show on the Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias tour? This girl!
I participated in Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central for Cricket Wireless. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.
my blog says
Many thanks really useful. Will share website with my friends
reesa lewandowski says
This sounds super fun! My 60 yr old mother loves both PitBull & Enrique LOL!
Looks like a great event!
Barb @ A Life in Balance says
Sounds like a fun time, and yes, people do tailgate at concerts. We see them all the time when we drive by the Wells Fargo center.
Selfie station?! I’m surprised more places don’t do that
Life with Kaishon says
He looks like an awesome performer. I am glad you could go to the concert!
Gina B says
I’m not really fans of them, but I love this enhanced concert experience idea! I would totally do that for a band I love. Oh and lucky! Tom Petty must have been awesome!