I remember when I visited the dentist when I was pregnant. It was shocking to hear that gum disease could affect the health of the baby growing inside of me. It also increases your risk for having a heart attack. It makes sense; in order to be healthy you have to take care of your entire body. Aside from serious health risks like these, we always rinse when brushing merely to combat cavities. Because ain’t nobody got time for that. Crest Pro-Health Tartar Protection Rinse is the only rinse that prevents both tartar and cavities, and tartar can’t be brushed away so this rinse is essential.
The handsome Dr. Travis Stork, who you may know from the daytime show, The Doctors has partnered with Crest and Oral-B Pro-Health to help folks like you and me understand all the ins and outs of oral care and overall health. Here are some of his tips:
1) Enjoy Being Active: Finding an activity you enjoy is key to incorporating regular physical fitness into your life. Being active shouldn’t feel like work so choose something you enjoy!
2) Clean up your oral care: Investing in oral care products that will help protect your mouth against tartar build-up is important and Crest Pro-Health Tartar Protection Rinse provides protection against tartar build-up and cavities.
3) Healthy Snacks: It’s always a good idea to carry healthy snacks with you. My go to healthy snack is nuts. Nuts are packed with heart-healthy fats and protein and are an easy option when you’re traveling. If you are allergic to nuts, there are other great snack options like Greek yogurt with berries, hard boiled eggs or veggies dipped in hummus.
4) Ask Questions: Don’t be afraid to be proactive and check with your health care team about steps you can take to help be healthier in 2014. Your health care provider can recommend lifestyle changes to help you address any areas of concern.
5) Small Steps Can Lead to Big Changes: Small changes can make a big impact on your health. For example, making a healthy swap like fruit-infused seltzer water in place of soda or taking a 30-minute walk every day will help improve your health, one step at a time.
6) The Time Is Now: Chronic illness starts its progression in your younger years. Heart disease can develop before we even realize it. That’s why it is important to start making healthy choices now – like eating whole grains in place of refined carbohydrates – when you’re young. The health decisions you make in your 20’s and 30’s impacts your heath in your 40s and well beyond. Crest Pro-Health Tartar Protection Rinse is available in stores nationwide and online at crestprohealth.com for approximately $5.49 (1L). Make sure you like Crest on Facebook or follow them on Twitter and Instagram to receive updates from the brand and learn more about dental care.