In 1997, Cowgirl Chocolates was founded by “Head Cowgirl” Marilyn Lysohir who has two passions; Art (she’s also a ceramic sculptor), and you guessed it, chocolate. A lot of the confections offered in the store have a spicy kick, so when Marilyn offered to send me some to try, my curiosity peaked. Spicy chocolate, you say? The mailman left a small box at my door the other day and when I opened it, I found this lovely gift inside.
Inside this little box was a truffle sampler, four spicy and four mild. That box is empty now. While the spicy versions were not my favorite, they were still chocolate! The most creamy, decadent and flavorful truffles I’ve had the pleasure of seeking my teeth in. If chocolate isn’t your thing (Gasp!), the Cowgirl also offers peanut brittle, caramels an dessert sauces.
BUY IT! You won’t be disappointed. Cowgirl Chocolates has won 16 product awards and 2 packaging awards and is located in Moscow, Idaho USA. It has also been featured on the Food Network’s “Unwrapped” and “Extreme Cuisine” and in the New York Times and Toronto Star to name a few.
WIN IT! One lucky reader will receive a 1/3 pound sampler box!
To Enter: Mosey on over to the website and have a look around. I reckon you’ll find somethin’ else you’d like there. Just tell me what it is!
After you complete the above as your mandatory entry, you may take any or all of the extra entries below.
- Follow this blog publicly or tell me if you already do (+2 entries)
- Subscribe to this blog by email and verify. Leave email address in comment (+2 entries)
- Follow PennyPinchingMa tweet (+1 entry per day):
Giddyup! #Win a sampler box of truffles spicy and mild from Cowgirl Chocolates http://tinyurl.com/ye5kqp7 #Giveaway @pennypinchingma
- Add my Main blog button to your blog, leave blog link (+3 entries)
- Enter any or all of my other giveaways (+1 entry each)
- Make a purchase from Cowgirl Chocolates (+5 entries)
- Blog about this giveaway using at least 50 words and include a link back to this post. The post must be about this giveaway alone and you must have at least 25 followers (+10 entries)
No compensation was received for this review. The sponsor sent me the product sample, and I offered my honest opinion. Contest closes at 9:00pm EST on December 16th. The winner will be chosen using Random.org. Please leave your email address either in your comment or make sure it is listed on your profile page so that I have a way to contact you. See the giveaway rules located here before entering. GOOD LUCK!