The kids will soon be hoarding massive amounts of candy from parades and trick or treating events around town. These Count Chocula Graveyard Treats are so fun and festive, and best of all they’re something other than candy. They’re the perfect sweet snack to serve up at a Halloween party or an after school treat.
When we were shopping at Target this week, we found the holy grail of Halloween cereal in the grocery section. Count Chocula®, Boo Berry® and Franken Berry® are the three fun holiday cereals.
The Graveyard Treats were a hit! My kids flipped for the headstone cookie which really adds that fun festive factor. Emma had one last night as her after-dinner snack and she thought it was delicious. Guess I’ll be making more of these this week!
- Small jars or cups
- Prepared Pudding
- Count Chocula Cereal
- Oval or Rectangle Shaped Cookies
- Black Icing Writing Tube
- Decide on how many treats you will make and prepare containers.
- Count out the same amount of cookies and write "RIP" on them with the icing.
- Add a layer of Count Chocula Cereal to the bottom of each cup.
- Top with pudding filled almost to the top.
- Add the gravestone cookies, and then surround them with more Count Chocula cereal.
Now take those boxes and flip them over. You’ll see the fun castle shapes! I helped the kids cut the shapes out before got to work.
Emma and Ryan had fun assembling and decorating their castle. They even brought out gru and his minions because they thought it looked like his creepy home. Kids are smart!