Eating healthy sounds really easy, but it’s not. Especially for those of us who like to eat between meals. It can be challenging to find new snack ideas when surrounded by the many temptations in our pantry closet. Luckily there are products available that take the guesswork out of snacking when you’re trying to watch your calories or are looking for healthier options. I was so excited to find a few at Stop & Shop the other day during my weekly shopping trip.
Popcorn is a great go-to when you want something crunchy but not too fattening. It’s one of those snacks that make me feel satisfied because I can have a big old bowl of it for just a few calories. I love the Jolly Time 100 calorie mini bags that’ll only cost you 3 of your daily points if you’re on weight watchers. Having a pre portioned bag is a huge help for me as portion control is a hard thing to do when you’re munching mindlessly, so it’s helpful to know that the entire bag is just one serving. This baking sheet holds just a single 100-calorie bag. Looks like a lot more than one serving, doesn’t it?
Even though I tend to crave salty over sweet when it comes to snacking, I do like to end a meal with a small taste of dessert. I was excited to find the Weight Watchers coconut chocolates. It sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? But these delicious chocolates or only 50 calories a piece and they are delicious.
Have you ever enjoyed a snack that’s sweet and salty? There are great snack ideas for when you want to change up your snack routine. We did just that using the two products pictured above to make this delicious coconut chocolate popcorn.
- 1 100-calorie bag Jolly Time popcorn
- 1 bag Weight Watchers coconut chocolates
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Pop the popcorn per the instructions on the box.
- Chop and melt candies by microwaving in 10 second intervals and stirring well, being careful not to overheat and burn. (If the mixture is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water and/or light corn syrup to thin)
- In a bowl combine ½ of the melted candy with the popcorn, tossing to coat.
- Spread popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Spoon the remaining melted chocolate into a zip baggie and trim the tip.
- Pipe the remaining candy with a steady drizzle.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes until firm.
Now through 9/28/16 buy any (5) FIVE participating Weight Watchers products (excluding Heinz SmartOnes & Meeting Room Products) at Stop and Shop you’ll Save $3.00 instantly while supplies last!