Ever bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie just out of the oven? Of course you have. The sweet and salty flavor combined with that almost-baked texture is divine. I never thought I would find that in a pie, until I saw the recipe in Dessert Mashups.
Authored by Dorothy Kern, this book answers all of your baking questions and some you might not have known you had. And of course there are recipes, decadent step-by-step instructions on how to make things like brownie peppermint bark, cheesecake chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, sugar cookie cups and so many more.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 1 all-butter pie crust
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional: whipped cream, ice cream or chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pie crust in 9-inch pie plate and crimp the edges. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Whisk together butter, milk, eggs, both sugars, cornmeal, flour, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place prepared pie shell on a rimmed cookie sheet and pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the crust and top of the pie is browned.
- The pie will still jiggle slightly when done. Cool completely before cutting.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or chocolate sauce.
Recipe adapted with permission from the authors of Dessert Mashups.