What I love about lettuce wraps is that you really do taste more of your filling. Especially due to the fact that lettuce is mainly tasteless. I don’t miss carb-heavy things like wraps or rolls now that I’ve tried wrapping my breadless “sandwiches” with lettuce leaves. I have been wanting to try making these for a long time, but many recipes included ingredients I just don’t use enough to warrant buying an entire container. I just wanted something simple and delicious, using what I already had in my pantry, and this was the result. A tasty meal that rivals restaurant versions.
P.F. Changs’ lettuce wraps are very popular. It was where I tried my very first lettuce wrap, but I actually think they’re a little too salty. I prefer the ones they serve up at The Cheesecake Factory if I’m ordering them out. However I bet you will enjoy my lettuce wraps so much more, and they’re really inexpensive to make yourself.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Bibb lettuce is so delicate so I double up when I’m making my wraps. What a delicious meal or snack.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp siracha
- ¼ cup sweet chili thai sauce
- can water chestnuts sliced and diced
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- Bibb lettuce
- Cook ground chicken in a skillet, breaking up the meat well.
- Drain fat and add oil, mushrooms, minced garlic, onion, soy sauce, ginger, siracha, chili sauce and chestnuts.
- Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Top with thinly sliced scallions.
- Spoon mixture into a lettuce leaf or two, wrap up and enjoy!
More recipes you might enjoy:
Post contains affiliate links.