For as long as I can remember, my mom has made this delicious chicken-broccoli-stuffing dish and I was finally able to recreate it. It’s inspired by the recipe you’ll find on the back of pepperidge farm bread stuffing but with a few small changes. I made it for dinner last night and it got rave reviews.
Emma even ate some. I almost fell over.
This is a nice single-dish meal, perfect for weeknights. Or any night.
- 4½ cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 2 T butter, melted
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- Paprika, just enough to sprinkle the dish
- 1 can Condensed Broccoli Cheese soup - I use Campbell's
- ⅓ cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush ½ cup of the stuffing to make crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs with 1 T of the melted butter in a small dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, water, and the other 1 T of melted butter.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of stuffing, mixing gently.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 in. casserole dish
- Top with chicken, making sure to evenly distribute over stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Whisk together the condensed soup and milk. Pour over the chicken.
- Now take the crumb topping and sprinkle over the dish, concentrating on the chicken.
- Bake uncovered on the middle rack for approximately 35 minutes.
samantha s says
Thank you so much for this very simple but delicious looking recipe! I have lots of broccoli and cheese I need to cook this week and it’s a perfect combo with chicken! I’m printing this recipe out.
Fee (Phyllis) Roberts says
This looks so good. I have made something like this with rice but I haven’t tried stuffing before. Thanks for the recipe =D
This sounds delish and something that I can actually tackle.