The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I fell hard for Photography in college. So much so that I tried to make it my major. Unfortunately my school did not offer this as an option but I did make a minor out of it and I was pretty good at it. I landed myself an A in all of my black and white photography courses. Of course that was back when we used film. I upgraded my traditional single lens reflex (SLR) to the digital version after my daughter was born. I’d resigned myself to being a photographer by hobby, and what better use of a camera than to photograph my beautiful new daughter?
Emma is turning 6 in just a few weeks, so I think it’s time to upgrade my DSLR. I’ll be visiting the Best Buy Holiday Gift Center to choose my new camera. I just hope Santa thinks I’ve been good enough.
Best Buy is an excellent place to compare and contrast cameras and camcorders and all of the available options because they’re all available in one store. All of the following come equipped with built-in Wi-Fi so you can share amazing photos instantly, and as a blogger and a mom that really appeals to me. Especially at a time like this; the best memories are made around the holidays.
Nikon D5300 DSLR w/18-55mm VR Lens
- A DSLR with built-in Wi-Fi so you can capture high quality photos and share them instantly
- This Nikon D5300 DSLR camera comes with an AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens that enables you to capture sharp photos and video footage. Optical image stabilization helps prevent blurring to ensure image clarity
- Also available in red or gray
Sony Alpha A6000 Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
- A compact system camera with the World’s Fastest Autofocus
- This Sony Alpha A6000 features a 24.3-megapixel, Exmor APS-C CMOS sensor that makes it easy to shoot scenes in stunning clarity. Built-in Wi-Fi lets you share stored content across devices.
- Also available in White or silver
- A digital camera that allows you to shoot, share, and use Android Apps
- This Samsung Galaxy 2 digital camera’s 16.3-megapixel, 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS sensor allows you to capture sharp images and high-definition video footage. The 4.8″ touch screen simplifies operation, and built-in Wi-Fi makes sharing stored files easy.
I would love one of those gifts from Santa this Christmas! Great ideas!
Melissa Vera says
I am not camera shopping this holiday season but I will be looking after the new year. I have my eye on the Nikon.
I like that there are so many camera options out there now. A camera w/wifi…and apps! That’s awesome. :)
I am hoping to make it to Best Buy this weekend. I need a good point and shoot camera.