For so long, I was too intimated to make my own pie crust. If I had a pie to make, I’d just buy a prepared crust at the grocery store. I don’t know why because it’s not hard at all to make your own. This recipe comes from Dessert Mashups: Tasty Two-in-One Treats.
A good pie crust is versatile enough for any pie, from savory to sweet and this one fits the bill. I used this pie crust to make this delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie:
All butter pie crust
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, diced and chilled
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fill a glass with ice and water.
- If using a food processor, combine the flour and salt and pulse once to mix. Add the butter, and process until crumbs form and then add ice water and pulse for 15-20 seconds. Process until a dough ball forms.
- If mixing by hand, cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter. Work in 1 tablespoon of water at a time and then turn the dough onto a floured surface to roll.
- Roll until the crust is ¼ inch thick and a few inches larger than your pie plate.
- Press into the pie plate and crimp the edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to fill.
Affiliate links included above.
Lisa Rios says
This looks so yummy & delicious. I have always loved to try one such butter based Pie Crust & it is great to know you can do it in 20-mins time. Thanks for the instructions.
Sarah M says
Butter is better. That is all. The end.
Maureen Campaiola says
You know, I’m kind of intimidated to do my own pie crust. You did make me feel better about trying one of these days.
Ann Bacciaglia says
This looks lie a great pie crust to try. I have just started making pies. I will try this recipe this weekend.
Pie crusts are not easy to make. I try to make them as much as I can because I find store bought ones not very healthy. This one looks delicious
Wow those do look good. All that kiwi is what’s making me happy though. I absolutely LOVE kiwi!
That pie looks so delicious, love this recipe; the best part of the the whole thing is the crust!
Mama to 5 BLessings says
Wow I never realized making pie crust could be so easy? I always thought it needed sugar.
Aisha Kristine Chong says
I have to give this one a try – I bet it is super yummy.