My mother’s birthday is coming up this fall and I never know what to get her. She is not the type of person who values or wants things, and for some reason that makes me want to buy her something nice even more! I guess I want to reward her good nature.
Last year I bought her a great candle, the year before I got her tea, and the year before it was lavender perfume. It’s funny because each year I stress over what to get her, but when I stop and brainstorm the ideas start to flow. Here are my 5 tips for buying gifts for women –
- Focus on what she loves. This sounds pretty simple, and it is. Make a list of the things she loves and go from there. Maybe it’s a favorite sport, hobby, an animal, or food. After you choose a like from the list, do your research and try to find something unique that incorporates one of her passions.
- When in doubt, pamper. I don’t know a lady alive who doesn’t enjoy being tended to. It can be a massage, facial, a gift certificate to the hair salon she uses, or even a cleaning service!
- You can never, ever, ever go wrong with jewelry. Especially diamonds. Nuff said.
- If you’re crafty, make something. People love gifts from the heart – but make sure you’re good at whatever you make. If not, find someone on Etsy who is and pass it off as your own, lol!
- Be sneaky. I’ve done this before (act surprised). See what she ‘likes’ on Facebook, ‘hearts’ on Etsy, or circles in magazines. Whatever you do, don’t ask for ideas. You want her to be surprised!
Since my mother is English, I’ve been browsing a UK company called Treat Republic for this year’s gift. She loves all things England. Here are a few ideas I found.
She’s a tea lover, so I think this mug would be adorable along with some English tea!
She’s an avid book reader, and this would be nice personalized with her name.
Mom taught me to love gardening and I’d love to get her new tools.
This is a sponsored post written and edited by me.
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
I need to forward this to my husband LOL.
Ha! I’m hoping mine checks in to read it too!